As below normal temperatures have hit us (with the exception of yesterday's 63 degree heat wave) it brings to mind a few items or reminders to prepare your home for the upcoming winter weather.
• Remember to remove your garden hoses from the spigots outside. Below freezing temps can cause frost which can damage your plumbing.
• Check your gutters for fallen leaves to prevent overflow and leaks
• Store away your patio furniture so the winter winds don't damage them.
• When the snow falls please be sure to keep vehicles off the streets to allow for snow plow trucks to more effectively clear the streets.
• New homes often have high humidity. Airflow helps to prevent condensation build up on your windows so remember to keep your drapes and blinds open, reverse your ceiling fans to pull air, and when needed turn on your house fan.