Winter Prep: As below freezing temperatures are quickly approaching, it brings to mind a few items or reminders to prepare your home for the upcoming winter weather.
- Remember to remove your garden hoses from the outside spigots. Freezing temps can damage your plumbing if water is trapped in these lines.
- Clean your gutters of fallen leaves to prevent overflow and leaks.
- Store away your patio furniture to prevent winter wind damage.
- When the snow falls please be sure to keep vehicles off the streets to allow for snow plow trucks to more effectively clear the streets.
- New homes often have high humidity. Airflow helps to prevent condensation build up on your windows so remember to keep your drapes and blinds open, reverse your ceiling fans to pull air, and run your furnace fans on “circulate” or “on” mode..
- Using deicers on your concrete driveway in the winter can cause surface damage. Do not salt them ever. Also, do not park on them after the roads have been salted. Road salt will drip off your car and damage your driveway.